May 22, 2012

blessings

Sometimes life reminds us just how precious and fragile it is, and how quickly it can be taken away or changed dramatically. We had that reminder recently, but luckily, our worst fears weren't realised and so we breathe a huge sigh of relief and are grateful for our blessings. Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

My poor hubby had his 40th birthday in the midst of the hardest of those days and so there was little celebration. But this past weekend we got away with friends and family to a gorgeous old homestead in the Grampians - one of our favourite places - and caught up on the celebrations. Kangaroos, wild deer and birds of all colours and sizes visited us, we feasted and ate our weight in cheese, relished in claw foot baths and bay windows, drank good wine, went for hikes and climbs in the surrounding mountains and were thankful for life and loved ones...





 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there...
Thanks for visiting me and my little blog. I love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to reply to each one.
xx joanna