May 22, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I know I've posted about this quilt here before, so my sincere apologies about this... but I'm going to post about it again. Because I have just found out about the Bloggers' Quilt Festival... thanks Leslie (you think YOU'RE out of the loop!) Anyway, I'm trying to be a little more dedicated to this quilting business, and get myself out there a bit more. SO...
Here's a few more photos of the 'Guess How Much I Love You' baby quilt (and a few outtakes featuring my little helper):








It's quite special to me, this quilt. It was my first commission, and the first time I had made something to someone else's expectations... in this case based upon the colours in the book "Guess how much I love you". A beautiful book, and one which is also a favourite in our house. I also love that the quilt uses quite a few fabrics designed and printed by Melbourne locals. The quilt is machine pieced and quilted, and bound by hand.

It really is a wonderful feeling knowing that something I made with my own hands is now keeping a newborn baby warm and cosy.

Apologies again to regular readers for the repetion, and hello to new readers. Stay tuned for some new quilts, coming soon...
x joanna

5 comments:

  1. Love your quilt, and your little helper is so cute. Congratulations on your first commissioned quilt! Your work is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. Your "helper" is so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, it looks so cuddly! And I love hand stitched bindings. It's the only way, don't you think???

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book is a favourite here too...
    That is one gorgeous quilt, so beautifully made. Your helper looks rather pleased with it too :) Happy quilting, look forward to seeing the new ones x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. What a gorgeous quilt - and as for the backing, couldn't be better! What a swett idea to base a quilt on a book (it happens to be one of my favourites too). So pleased to find your blog, it looks lovely. Juliex

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...
Thanks for visiting me and my little blog. I love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to reply to each one.
xx joanna